Saturday, March 21, 2009

Eagerness to another peak of my life...

SOMETHING THAT SEEMED SO IMPOSSIBLE WHEN I FIRST STARTED...




MIGHT BECOME REALITY IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...









It has been 10 years when i first started. I was in primary 1 then. I used to bow to all the seniors. And I'd never thought that I would be one of them. My passion for it, well i could say, is unquestionable. I loved it a lot since young. My interest in it deepened when I rejoined the team early last year.


In primary 1, i joined tae kwon do as a white belt holder. I was pretty innocent then. The main reason why i decided to learn tae kwon do is because my dad told me to do so. He said girls should learn how to defend themselves. A few of my friends were also in tae kwon do. So i assume that that's why I'm in this rather *vigorous* (not-me) sport.


My love for it developed when my instructor praised me during the lesson. I, for some reason, felt my presence in the team, no longer in the "just another member" status. That gave me some satisfaction and urged me to continue.


Primary 2 was my final year in Malacca Convent. I remembered receiving a small, glass trophyfrom my instructor, carved with a "Wen Wu Shuang Quan" phrase which simply means "Good in both academics and sports". I later came to know that the trophy was only given to students who were in Tae Kwon Do and at the same time achieved excellent results in their studies (top 3 in the entire primary 2). It was indeed a boost for me to continue striving in this sport.


After i left Malacca Convent, i continued learning tae kwon do in Convent JB before i switched to the present training centre in SJK (C) Kuo Kuang in Form 3. My instructor is a nice but strict, young lady. She's really good in tae kwon do and she's one of my role model in tae kwon do till today.


I'd been scolded by her before but it was because I'd made many errors during training and i was not paying full attention then. I understood but that didn't discourage me at all. I was even more determined to learn and improve my steps.


I left tae kwon do in primary 5 due to some personal reasons. My last training centre was in Taman Daya with Instructor V. R. He was a nice guy too. Although he was not as strict as my previous instructor, he'd taught us many invaluable skills and values.


In Form 3, there was this sudden urge that pushes me to take up tae kwon do again. Maybe it was due to my cousin brother who has been very active and aggresive in tae kwon do lately. When i first rejoined the team in SJK (C) Kuo Kuang, it was tough. Imagine a person doing extremely vigorous exercise (i joined the sparring team on my very first day) after decades of not exercising at home. I was dying then. It was too hectic for a *newcomer* like me. I gave up on sparring and went on to join the basic team. After a few lessons, i began to feel that my stamina improved tremendously and i'm more flexible (in stretching) than usual.


On the 29th of March, I went for a tae kwon do grading for Black Belt 1st Dan. Before this i'd missed several gradings because i wasn't ready according to my instructor (the Convent JB instructor). Therefore, i waited till this year when she finally allowed me to go for the grading.


Now, i'm anticipating for the result. The EAGERNESS is immense!


Oh God! Please allow me to pass this grading. After all my hard work practising everyday, please give me the merit to pass this grading...


I'm so envious of my fellow pals who had gotten their Black/Poom Belt... I want to be like them... I really do hope that the examiner would pass me. A pass would be enough... PLEASE!!!


Please...

0 comments: