Sunday, December 7, 2008

OLD FRIENDS, FOND MEMORIES IN MALACCA

It has been 7 years since we last met. It's a long time indeed. We had all grown up, either taller and prettier or fatter and uglier.


It had been so long. I missed all of you so much. Everytime i flip open my dear autograph book, fond memories flooded my mind. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. Miss! I missed all the joy i had in Malacca. I missed my old friends, my old classmates. I missed all the loving teachers in SK CIJ 2. I missed our headmistress. I missed every corner of our old school.


School...


I'd passed by it several times whenever i go holiday-ing in the "good old Malacca". It's so nostalgic. Images of my friends, one by one, were popping into my mind. Although it's just two years, but these two years are the two firsts years i'm in a school as a primary student. I started my education here. I still remember when i was sitting for a test on the first day of school. I still remember when i first gotten my school result slip. I got almost all E's and F's. In the end, i was posted to the last class. Hahax!


I remembered how all the students were brought to safety when a fire broke out in our school computer room. I saw the blaze myself. I remembered the times when i was selected by my class teacher to take part in a fashion show competition. I remembered the times when i was performing a chinese dance on stage during the school's Family Day dinner at Hotel Equatorial. I remembered the times when i was nominated as one of the prefects in standard three. But sadly, i moved to JB the following year so i hadn't have the chance to be a prefect. Arggh!


I remembered the times when i attended the Taekwondo lesson every friday at our very own school hall. I remembered my seniors. All juniors have to bow to the seniors every time we see them, even out of the hall, before and after training. I remembered the times when i took part and won the telematch race during school sports day. There were 4 teams in our school, Emerald, Saphire, Topaz and Ruby. Our team, Emerald House, emerged as the overall champ for two years! Yay!


There were two embarrasing events that happened during my school days in SK CIJ 2. First, I pooed in my panties during an assembly after recess(i think). Another one was when i stepped on dog poo when we were having a photoshoot session in our Chinese dance performance suit. Oh! The two poo-poo event! Hahax! How embarrasing!


Friends...


I missed all my friends. We used to be in the same class. We study and play together. We run around the class, passing around notes and chit-chatting every time we see each other. Sometimes we bicker. Sometimes we laugh together. I still remember telling off one of my closest friend who kept instructing me to buy food for her. We started quarreling and we ended up crying. Hahax! But in the end. we are still very close friends. I still remember one of my friend, who had migrated to Australia, writing a note to me. It's like "You are my BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST..... friend!" She wrote 2 pages full of BEST! Hahax! That's the first letter i received. I was awed at first but later on i was very happy that someone actually wanted to be my BEST friend!


Few days ago, i registered my very first account on Facebook. At first i was searching for my present classmates to be added as friends, but suddenly someone's name popped into my mind. I shan't reveal who it is but it's one of my Malacca classmates. Finally, i found three ex-classmates on Facebook and they'd confirmed me as their friend! Yay! My long lost friends! We've finally reunited! Oh, what a great feeling it is!


I'm currently attempting to get my other friends on Facebook but till now there's no one else there other than the three of them. Oh well, i shan't give up! I'll continue searching for my old friends!


SONG...


This song had been stucked in my head from the very first assembly in SK CIJ 2.


We are the students of Convent Infant Jesus
Together here as one
We pledge our loyalty to you
The school we love so dear
We work and play
We dedicate ourselves
To be fair and brave
And strong


[So we the students
Give a cheer
To the Convent I J] x2


The above lyrics were written only based on my memory. So there might be some errors here and there. If anyone knows this song and the lyric(in BM also), please e-mail it to me at
hazelyi@hotmail.com, no matter you're current or ex-students of SK CIJ 2.

SK CONVENT INFANT

JESUS 2 MELAKA!!!

0 comments: